Stuck at the border?
Surely you have remembered a million times the story about someone’s goods stuck at the border. Have you ever thought what may cause those delays? Those delays might be really frustrative and moreover, those mistakes may cost you up to 15000 USD and even more. Make sure to read this article and the tips below, that will help you to avoid delaying at the border.
Firstly, and most importantly, make sure your documents are complete. Missing information always will cause the delays. If you submit documents with incomplete data, they will be rejected, which will certainly cost more time and money. It will cost you anywhere from $200 to a couple of thousand dollars.
This is the most common mistake. Always double check if your documents are complete and have the correct and full information. This includes product description, county of origin, value of the goods, currency etc.
Thirdly, always make sure that the quality of the documents you provide is good enough. All the information must be clear and readable. Always double check if you can see and reed the whole paperwork before sending.
4. Who is your customs broker?
When you send the documents, you must include the information who is your customs broker, his name, phone number, e-mail address and fax. In case of problems when you need the help of a customs broker, this information will save you time at the border.
Milestime Inc Customs Brokerage Division always is focused on on-time delivery without any issue including delay at the border.
In conclusion, our company always achieve these goals, because before we accept and submit the documents, we always make sure that:
- We have complete, correct, and legible documents.
- We always make sure that ACE/ACI manifest is submitted and accepted in the system before the arrival to the Canada and The USA borders.
- Milestime Inc. always make sure that our drivers know what the product in the trailer and that simple question will not cause any additional procedures, delays, and problems at the border.
- All documents are securely stored in the truck by our drivers. We know that nobody at the border likes to wait while the driver is scrambling for all the paperwork.
- To make sure everything is delivered smoothly and all issues are resolved as soon as possible, our dispatch team is available to our drivers and customers 24/7.
Improve your Customs Solutions with our experienced logistics professionals, on demand capacity and 24/7/365 tracking and tracing access to prevent your goods from getting stuck at the border. With the same day, planned and contractual service capabilities, we would be more than happy to help you with your freight and to solve your the most difficult logistics demands. Any shipping need can be met by our experienced freight specialists who will effectively help to create a custom solution that fits your budget and delivery requirements.